Executive Director's Message
My past experience directing one of Canada's premier junior academies forged my vision that has become the North American Tennis Academy located in Tampa FL. Surrounding myself with some of the most influential coaches and players inspired me to develop one of the most player-centered development programs in the world. It is now my pleasure to introduce you to the NORTH AMERICAN TENNIS ACADEMY or NATA. We are dedicated to developing the full potential of every player we commit to training cultivating a sense of being complete as an athlete. Within the NATA programs of long term boarding, short term housing, and non-boarding programs, we have one and only one objective – "to be the most positive nurturing influence in each player’s life through comprehensive sport science based modern tennis coaching". Part of our unique approach is listening to the previous frustration you as a parent and your child have experienced along the way then beginning to identify key elements that have been missing followed by developing an “annual plan” to change the past experience to a present state of success or what the NATA calls "podium performances". Through our experience the athletes we are most successful with are the ones who embrace the concept of "self-motivation" (see psychology section for motivation self-test) where we then provide the "inspiration" and "guidance" in achieving their personal goals. With over two decades of tennis experience to our credit in both the US and Canada, we invite small select group of players to experience our intense on court training program, integrated with a tennis specific on/off court fitness program. Our special lectures on preparatory and college admissions and their recruiting practices, highlight our comprehensive approach to living the "tennis life".
We invite you to investigate our program and decide for yourself. When you have committed to our program we are confident you will find the North American Tennis Academy to be one of the best decisions giving your son or daughter the tools necessary in becoming a balanced complete athlete with a healthy perspective in dealing with the pressures of competition. Wishng you success in your academy quest.
"If you are going to make a statement with your game…don’t mumble…make it SCREAM!”
- Ripley Amell | Executive Director
FULL TIME ACADEMY STUDENTS
- We are pleased to partner with the Maine Golf and Tennis Academy for our renowned Junior Tennis Camp Summer of 2013.
- The North American Tennis Academy headquarters has moved to Tampa, Florida. In addition to our academy in Orlando, we will offer training at this new location beginning in January 2013.
- Congratulations to Caitlin Bernard, since training with NATA, she has been tearing up the circuit!
- Congratulations to Ameina - April Finalist G16
- Congratulations to Kian - Finalist B10's
- Congratulations to Oscar - Winner Concilations B14's
- Congratulations to Leo - Winner B14's
- Congratulations to Zach & Alex - 1st and 2nd round wins.
- Florida Tennis: Read the Florida Tennis Article
- Danielle Peele: Read the CFL LifeStyle Article
- Danielle Peele: Read the Lake Mary Life Article